Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Week 5: Glow Sticks

This week had to make a list of things we liked to photograph and then pick one item from the list and take photos. I really enjoy experimenting with new types of photos and methods of photography, as well as colors. So this week I chose glow sticks and tried camera tossing.

Camera tossing is literally just throwing your camera in the air to try and get interesting light trails. I got the idea from photojojo and this site gives a mini tutorial.

I'm not a huge fan of how mine turned out. I think the softness is due to me using glow sticks rather than actual lights. Hopefully I will be trying this again soon and getting better results!


For this one I taped the glow sticks to my ceiling and just moved my camera in squiggly lines and had a shorter shutter speed.


For this one I tossed my camera horizontally, flipping the ends over each other.



For this one, and the next two, I hung the glow sticks on strings from my ceiling and ran them into one another.


No comments:

Post a Comment