Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Week 6: Shoot for 5 Days

This week we had to shoot something everyday. I didn't get as many photos I had wanted nor was I able to do a couple photo shoots I had wanted, due to work/ sickly friends.

Wednesday: I've been trying to do star shots all summer and haven't had much luck. Here's something I did real quick in between clouds passing. I believe the exposure was only about a minute long. But if I went any brighter the sky began to turn red do to light pollution from the mall. I have yet to find a really dark spot in Oneonta or at home.


Thursday: I stopped at the park on my way to work seeing some late flowers.


Friday: I had been scheduled to shoot senior portraits for one of my sisters friends. The weather wasn't awesome but we made due. This was one of her favorites, but next time I'll have to remind her to sit up straight more!


Saturday: Some leaves against a cemetery door. It was raining and it sucked.


Sunday: I had driven forever back to school and was honestly too lazy to go find something to photograph. So instead I tried camera tossing during the day! This was shot at about 1 second. It was difficult to find a good exposure.

2 comments:

  1. I love trying to take pictures of the stars! It's so hard though. If you go wayyyy up East Street by the reservoir I think you'll find it to be dark enough. I don't think there are any street lights or anything. And there's a nifty area to pull off and set up your tripod and stuff. But anyway, I do like the photo of the stars. The trees are a nice touch. I love the colors of the fourth one as well. I like how to chose not to center the leaves, but instead leave them at the bottom of the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the one with the vines and the color contrast. It is so beautiful! I think that you framed the subject very well. I also love the first one with the night sky because of the silhouettes of the trees and the soft textures of the clouds.

    ReplyDelete